9.28.2008

happenings...

(in no specific order)

...susana (my last year landlord's wife) taught me how to make spanish tortilla. so yummy! one day i had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

...i babysat the letexier kids last night. we played spy and it reminded me my childhood. then we played an extremely long game of double trouble.

...i have been going to riverland hills baptist church since the start of the semester. at about 3,000 people i was surprised to have never heard about it before. the big news: i joined the choir (well for christmas anyway)! it has been a wonderful gift that God has given to me. choir practice on wednesday nights are absolutely wonderful, i never want them to end. i finally encouraged my friend karen to join me and she is now hooked as well. and last weekend when we had friends over, my new friend manyen from taiwan found out that i was in a church choir and said that was one of the only things she prayed to be a part of when she came to the united states. so i took her with me last wednesday - haha! she had a great time and will be coming back with me next week. i'm so happy. the choir director laughed when he saw me with two friends last week, using the word "friendly" to describe me. i found that quite hilarious.

...i did microteaching in my techniques class a week ago and surprisingly fell right into teacher mode despite the fact that i was esl teaching my english speaking peers. it was fun. but then i had to be student for other people's microteaching and let's just on a friday afternoon, i was reprimanded more than, uh, three times for not paying attention. i felt bad. i tried to be better this past friday but unfortunately still was reprimanded. good thing our real professor, joe (my landlord from last year), is more casual... or something.

...my real esl teaching is still coming along. each week of writing my lesson plans is a little better - praise the Lord! tomorrow dr. hislop will be sitting in on my class. so even though he's the most precious professor in the whole world (i am not kidding), i am still kinda scared.

...i love my housemate.

...Jesus loves me.

...i invited 30 (no joke!) people over to my house on saturday night for a mexican potluck - woohoo! i think there will probably be around 15 but we'll still have a grand time. ah, my stomach can hardly wait.

...the video below was made just because. i really really like that song because of the words (words that have been so good to engrave on my heart right now) and because of the musicality. i hope you enjoy as well.

...on tuesday i met with a really awesome christar lady about teaching esl in iraq. very interesting... and then she told me her brother was the wycliffe recruiter for indonesia. we are now in e-mail correspondence. pray the Lord clearly directs, i wait patiently, and i am eager to do whatever He asks. (pray, too, that i can have a human companion this summer. i will go alone [because it will be with Jesus] if He asks me to but for many many reasons, i would really love to have a human companion with me too.)

...Praise HIM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we love the kurds! we love the kurds!