2.25.2009

sickness

i decided that after being sick for two weeks something needed to be changed. so i thought that stopping a few things in my life so i could get better would help in the long run. i didn't go help at church tonight, which was actually okay because the director was out of town anyway and i would have only been needed for an hour instead of two. i was late getting off work and then i needed to print something out at the computer lab so by the time i got home it was five o'clock.

what to do? i was angry. angry at the germs. i had put vacuum my bedroom floor and clean my sheets on a list of things to do. but what did i really end up doing? ...vacuumed all the rooms in the house, except priscilla's; refolded all the blankets on the sofas in the living room; washed all the towels in the bathroom and my sheets and other dirty laundry; empty the trash in the bathroom and my bedroom; washed the tub, sink area, and toilet in the bathroom; dusted all the furniture; unloaded the dishwasher and then reloaded the dishwasher; cleaned the kitchen floor; used easy off to clean the oven and the stove (twice, yes it was that dirty); and changed the light bulb on the front porch.

then i ate a bowl of my yummy chicken and rice and pea concoction and practiced my bongos for thirty minutes. i also reminisced about playing american girl dolls, barbies, and heather and webber's wedding with cindy to priscilla.

now i'm going through all the papers that have once again accumulated on my desk in my bedroom, scheduling my life, getting my homework organized, and writing this blog.

and my new favorite drink is orange, pomegranate, jasmine green tea. yes, it's one drink. mmmmmmmm.

God's cool, as usual. (you've missed my fun posts, huh?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh brother ;o) but did you feel better? l&p mom