3.04.2009

letting you know cool stuff...

On Sunday I attended Cedar Creek Baptist Church (Donna and "J"s church). The sermon was great, talking about Jesus being the center of our lives and the reason we do everything (the end of Romans 15). After service, I went over to my small group leaders' home from Sandhills Community Church and spent four hours with their fam. and a few other people. We played Pit, Quibbles, and Nerts. So much fun. Then I rushed over to House 10 on campus for an International Worship night. There were about 30 people there, a lot of internationals and MKs. It was a marvelous time of worship and fellowship. After most people left, Reyner, Jennie, Andre, Tim, Laurel, Jenn, Betsy, a few others, and I "jammed" for the glory of God. I played Betsy's bongos and sang. It was soooo wonderful!!!! Then I came home to find a young man sitting on the couch in my living room with Anita and Priscilla. The four of us talked for almost another two hours. Way past my bedtime, I went to sleep. Praise the Lord for a great day though!

This week at school is World Christian Week. Yesterday we had our first main session. The speaker, no joke, is a little John Piper. His sermon was outstanding. You can listen to it here. And the only other book the speaker quoted from was a book I'm reading right now called Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb - EXCELLENT! You should read it.

I'll write more soon. Pray, pray, pray!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

guess whaaaAAAAAaaaat! polly is having her tonsils removed and is borrowing a bunch of movies from someone. guess what was in the box - the last sin eater! i know that the book is better, but i will watch the movie to whet my appetite and then finish the book! :D