7.10.2008

work

FIRST. I need you all to pray for me. I have been feeling very, very ill over the last few days. I feel feverish, nauseous, and have terrible headaches. I hardly eat anything all day because it just makes me want to throw up. So please pray that God in His sweet mercy will heal whatever is going on with me physically. It is extremely uncomfortable.

SECOND. I work in the summer building for Converse which is a couple blocks shorter walk than the Broadway main office. My classroom windows have a north-east view of the city and on the hill you can see the bell tower and dome at Balboa park. The train rides have been fine (although I wonder if motion sickness is part of my problem.)

THIRD. My students: Ana, Miguel (14), & Enric from Spain; Erika from the Czech Republic; Oliver from Switzerland; Valentine from Italy; and Ki Hyun & Hye Ran from Korea. They have already caught me off guard with grammar questions or asking me if a statement is correct that I almost end up believing it is only because I've heard it so much from them. But it's only my third day and I'm really trying to learn - hah - and get the students to learn. Pray that we are productive in learning English, that I am a clear communicator, and that they try their best. Pray that I love them no matter what, am kind always to them, and that my interest in them during, before, and after class present opportunities for them to learn more about me... and the God who loves us all.

Thanks.

No comments: