7.30.2008

Earthquake & Erika

Yesterday, while trying to explain the difference between "used to" and "is used to", I started thinking, "Hmm... I didn't feel this dizzy just a second ago." Then Ki Hyun shouted, "OMG!" And I realized everyone could feel the movement. It was incredible how long the swaying of the building lasted when you're on the 12th floor. You could literally see the walls going back and forth, a very strange sensation. At first we were all going to leave but the administration at the main building was contacted and they said if everyone/thing was okay to continue class. About five minutes later a building inspector came and evacuated us all outside to the parking lot though. We only had a half an hour left of class so classes were cancelled and I was able to catch the earlier train home. Weird times. But I have to admit that the rain in San Diego in the middle of August a couple days ago had already reminded me that, "Jesus is coming soon!"

Today Erika pulled me aside during break because she wanted to tell me something that happened to her yesterday on her way home. She said that she was riding the bus like she normally does and was listening to music with her head phones. All she said was that she was thinking about "everything" and wondering "is this true or is that true?" Eventually a man got on the bus and sat near her. But she didn't say anything to him and just waited until her bus stop came. When she stood up to leave, still with these predicaments in her head as to what was true, the man spoke to her and said, "Anything's possible." She said that she was very taken aback by what he said but was amazed and wanted to know what I thought. I told her that sometimes God uses circumstances and people to confirm to people that He is real. I told her that He generally only uses ways for certain people who will actually be affected by what He does. I told her she wasn't crazy. God is real. I also told her that even for me, the more I pray and see God's answers to prayers, the more I have faith that He is real and the more I pray and so on. You could tell she was amazed by all of this. God is making her think. Continue praying for Erika (and me.)

God is cool. Always.

No comments: