4.10.2008

Martin Smith

"What if God does not demand prayer as much as gives prayer? What if God wants prayer in order to satisfy us? What if prayer is a means of God nourishing, restoring, healing, converting us? Suppose prayer is primarily allowing ourselves to be loved, addressed and claimed by God? What if prayer means opening ourselves to the gift of God's own self and presence? What if our part in prayer is primarily letting God be giver? Suppose prayer is not a duty, but an opportunity to experience healing and transforming love?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

exactly, prayer is resting in God knowing our desparate need of Him alone. mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie.....ooooh, I agree!! I find the more I pray the more I must pray because I love being in intimate contact with my Lord. It is like the bonding of a human relationship. I have grown so happily dependent upon God. Sometimes i have to catch myself ,when I'm with an unbeliever, to not just pray out loud in the midst of a conversation. Love, Laurie B.