9.04.2007

"Picking" a Church

Church #1
Friendliness: Not one person said hello.
Music: Style good, songs so-so.
Sermon: Read bits and pieces of Scripture, no exposition, lots and lots of stories.

Church #2
Friendliness: Everybody introduced themselves and their families, asked me questions.
Music: Hymns are great but how they’re sung just seems so ho-hum.
Sermon: Excellent.

Church #3
Friendliness: Most people were very friendly, many grateful I was there.
Music: Completely out of my comfort zone but excellent.
Sermon: Excellent doctrine and application, overwhelming communication of it.

Church #4 (This is the one I thought would be the “right” church for me.)
Friendliness: Only one person said hello.
Music: What I expected.
Sermon: Five minutes of truth, completely disappointed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paco, with these churches, they they similar, such as all Baptist or all EV Free? It was interesting to read about the differences you experienced. Thanks for updating!! Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should stop asking, "What can this church do for me?" and start asking, "What can I do for this church?" haha.