5.15.2008

The Liberty of Obedience, by Elisabeth Elliot

I knew when Donna had me reorganize her bookshelf I would want to read rather than clean. But I knew I couldn't take as many books as I wanted so I wrote some titles down and only took three. This one I read this morning. It was short. And excellent. I wish I could write the whole thing down here but I'll just type a poem that she writes from Frederick W. Faber:

For the Love of God is broader,
Than the measure of man's mind;
And the heart of the Eternal
Is most wonderfully kind.

But we make His love too narrow,
By false limits of our own
And we magnify its strictness,
With a zeal He will not own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?